Sunday, September 5, 2010

Have rod, will fish

Call it a Daddy Day; or atleast a Daddy Sunday Morning. The two of my boys headed out the door early to grab some breakfast at Waffle House (aka: Awful Waffle... I don't know when the last time Brian or I ate there - I guess you will do all sorts of things for your kids). After they filled their bellies...

... they grabbed their fishing rods & bait...
... and headed out to the water.
For a little while, Thomas just fished with his "toy" rod and practiced his casting out into the water. He was as content as could be.
Notice the rod is tied to a rope which is attached to the pole on the dock? I'm not sure if Brian is more concerned about the toy rod than his son given that Thomas doesn't have a life jacket on. Huh. I'm not sure if this counts as a safety hazard or not? Oh well, probably Mommy just being over cautious.
Shrimp. I don't mean Thomas. I mean the little shrimp that is in his hand that was used as bait.
And here it is... Thomas' first fish that he has ever caught. Check out his smile. Is this an excited little boy or what?
Mommy & Abby came down to the dock and crashed the "all boy" fishing party towards lunchtime and to check on the fishing report. The boys were doing good so we didn't stay long... only enough time to let Abby practically fall in the water a few times and make sure no one was sunburned. All was good so we left the fishermen to do their thing. I'm sure Abby will be part of the fishing gang soon - it didn't take Thomas very long and he hasn't stopped yet.

No comments: