Saturday, September 25, 2010

Private Reflections

In reflecting what the purpose of my blog is (see "Why Blog?"), I realized that I want to share this with my children one day.  Already they enjoy the pictures and videos that I post of them and all they do each day, but one day when they can read & are interested - I would like to share all of these memories with them.  Their milestones, their funnies, their young personalities, their challenges and their love.  All of it I want to be able to take in and know that it is so very important to me to capture what our lives are like with them in it.  After all, it is Thomas & Abbigail who have made both Brian and myself much better people and who have taught us to love more than we ever thought we could.

So... with all of that said, I have decided to remove any more blog entries that don't directly reflect Thomas & Abbigail and how each of them are making every day full & rich to every extent.  I've decided that indeed a personal journal/diary is what I rely on to handle the ups & downs of life - but my public family blog is not the place for that nor are they always thoughts that I want Thomas & Abbigail to read about when I want the HeckLures' Adventures to be about them.

Instead, I have started a private blog for these other reflections.  It will serve as my diary.  No unsolicited comments, no worry that I will hurt someone's feelings about my opinions and this blog will serve as a way for me to reflect on the joys & happiness I experience each and every day all the while handling the stresses & frustrations that come along with being a mother, wife, daughter, sister and inlaw. 

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Sounds like you've found the perfect solution ;)