Saturday, September 11, 2010

What is meant to be

I think I have come to terms with the fact that things really do happen for a reason. And although the reasons sometimes are not clear (actually, they are often down-right muddy), trusting in the one you love, your family and ultimately God will eventually help you come to peace with whatever situation you find yourself in or difficult decision you are faced with.

I still believe that the writing on the wall suggests that the Hecks need WANT change. I'm a firm believer that at the end of the day, you have to be happy with who you are, what you have chosen to do with your life, who you surround yourself with and what you decide are your priorities in life. I'm a person who likes to have control in my life. I know that I don't always get to make decisions nor dictate how things happen, so the things that I can control and have a say in ... your damn right I take the reins and go. Brian and I can have control over a possible change. There is always an enormous "if" factor and we may not know "when" or even "where"... but when it comes to the most important people in your life... you are willing to make the really hard decisions and take a chance. We are moving on from disappointing news and looking forward with hope for new opportunities & change. But when the day is over, what is meant to be, will be.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I always try to tell myself that there is a reason for everything. Sometimes I think it takes longer to realize, but I agree... what is meant to be will be.