Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (Tissue edition)



Hi weekend.
  • We are T-minus 5 days until the "busy" schedule hits and I'm {more than likely} gonna need a lot of tissues. 
  • By that I mean, this week is filled with a lot of emotional Mama moments...1st day of Kindergarten for Thomas, Abby having to say goodbye to her beloved speech therapist AND going through another speech evaluation elsewhere that will impact her in Pre-K/school, the girls will be in part-time child care {with a complete stranger might I add} because of my M.Ed internship.  I'm pretty sure 1 box of tissues is not going to be enough... more like 2 or 3.  
  • Admittedly, I'm a terrible crier when it comes to anything pertaining to my kids. 
  • I'm working out the kinks of my "work" schedule & the kids' schedule.  If only things were easier.
  • Summer is slipping away very quickly, while the Alaskan Autumn is making its debut already.  Leaves are starting to change colors & even fall from the trees.  We still have about 15 hours of daylight, but we are losing almost 6 minutes of precious sun each day. 
  • I've said goodbye to my morning runs due to darkness... and bears... and moose.  Now if I can just stick to my evening runs {when Brian returns} or during the day on a stroller run {after Thomas returns to school}.
  • There is a pesky Tropical Storm in the Gulf of Mexico that I have to keep my eye on... how unnerving.
  • It is crazy to think that in just a month these beautiful Alaskan Mts. will be covered with snow.  By Halloween, the snow will be permanently here until late Spring.



1 comment:

Danifred said...

I'll be thinking of you this coming week. Hugs Mama!