Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (McDonalds Kind of Night edition)

Friday!  Friday!
  • I was in heels today for approximately 8 hours today for the first time in a year & half.  I'm pretty sure that my feet look as bad as they feel right now.
  • Despite how my feet feel, it was was wonderful to get my professional brain working again today.  Seriously.  The cobwebs are dusted off.
  • If day 1 is any indication as to what I will be observing, leading, practicing, developing & implementing in the coming months as I prepare for the next step in my career... I'm in for an incredible experience with some very good leadership as my mentors.
  • Although I knew Thomas was having a blast at school & the girls would be well-taken care of... I couldn't help but think about what they were doing all day long without me.
  • Speaking of school, for the last 3 days when Thomas has gotten off the bus in the afternoons... I have gotten a huge hug & kiss from my baby boy when he sees me. *sigh*
  • The kids & I can't wait to make a middle-of-the-night-airport-run tonight to pick up Daddy from his trip.
  • With Brian home tonight & this emotional week behind me, I feel like by tomorrow I will be able to take off my game face, exhale & relax {at least a bit}.
  • It doesn't happen very often at all in my house, but tonight just had to be a McDonalds kind-of-night for dinner.  We topped it off with 3 M&M McFlurries... just because we could.





No comments: