Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1st Day of School


 
1st day of school:
(2011) PreK and (2012) Kindergarten
 

 Someone requested donuts for a special breakfast this morning - so I obliged yesterday when we were shopping.
 Liz & Thomas {and Abby close by}
 Look close.
Yes, this is a sweet moment that surprised me.
Thomas has his arms around Abby & they are just waiting together at the bus stop.

 Another sweet moment with his little sister




... and there goes my baby boy.
 
I was all smiles {for his sake, of course} while we were waiting for the bus & even when he got in line with all the kids.  But as soon as I opened my mouth and said, "Have a great day at school, Thomas," I felt the tears swell up in my eyes & my voice start to crack.  I didn't dare say another word as I watched him climb up the stairs onto the school bus.
 
The girls and I crossed the street and stood in our yard as the last few kids boarded the bus.  I searched the windows looking for where Thomas was sitting, but couldn't find him anywhere.  I had no idea where he was or who he was sitting with.  Here I was, watching my baby boy go off to school for the first time, and I couldn't even find his sweet face anywhere in the crowd on the bus.  My heart ached.  Seriously.
 
And then, to my surprise, Thomas showed his face through one of the center windows & started waving goodbye to me.  He was smiling.  He was happy & looked excited.  Oh my.  I won't even lie... the tears started falling down my face.  I was so happy to be able to say goodbye to him as he rode off down the road in the yellow school bus.
 



No comments: