Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (tears & cheers edition)



TGIF peeps.
  • To finish up what I started last week on FNL, and to set the record straight ... this school year I will not be teaching & instead will finish up my internship before Christmas.  I will consider my M.Ed my x-mas present to myself.  A hard earned present for sure.
  • There has been an ever growing amount of "sassiness" in my house lately.  Not naming any names, but its coming mainly from a 5 year old & 3 year old.
  • With the sun not coming up until after 6am, my morning runs have been in the dark {yes, I am wearing my safety reflective belt}.  Factor in the wildlife that live across every street & around every corner, you can imagine that I have been on extra high alert on each run.  I decided to do a run last night around 8:45pm {sun isn't setting until 9:45pm}... not only was it sunny & light, but I also ran faster.  Seriously faster.
  • With that said, I may be switching my runs to evening runs effective immediately.
  • I noticed that the leaves on my trees are not green anymore.  They are red.  I realize that its only August, but this is a sure fire sign that autumn is right around the corner for us folks up here in Alaska.
  • This has NEVER, EVER happened before in the last 5 years - we already have Halloween costumes bought & ready for the big day.  Holy crap... am I on top of it or what?  I'm sure I'll fail in the candy department though and wait until the day of to go out and get it.
  • Fact: I have not put a bathing suit on 1 time this summer.  Matter of fact, I have only put a bathing suit on 1 time since living in Alaska (indoor water park).  What a far cry from living in Florida.
  • Fact: Brian hasn't put on a bathing suit at all since living here. 
  • On the first day of school, the PTA sponsors a morning breakfast for Mommies & Daddies called "Tears & Cheers!" after they have made sure their little one makes it to their classroom.  I wonder which parent I will be... the one crying or the one jumping up & down?

No comments: