Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (supply list edition)

  • I've been walking around with a copy of Thomas' kindergarten supply list in my purse now for weeks.  I still can't believe that he will be going to school.  All day.  Everyday.  Part of me is jumping up & down.  The other part of me is depressed. 
  • Speaking of school supplies... this kind of list is certainly different than what I normally have had to buy for my high school classroom.  Way different.
  • I do not get sick.  I just don't.  I'm not sure what happened, but I'm sick.
  • I looked at the calendar this week and realized that I met Brian 9 years ago. Wow.  I'm in awe of that.  I'm also still in awe of the man I love.
  • It has been hovering the mid to upper-50s this week.  There is no other way to put it... I'm chilly.
  • We have been up here in Alaska for just shy of a year... it is now time to start the clean out process.  I've started to tear into bedroom closets, hall closets and cabinets - out with the old, unused stuff is my motto!
  • Abby has been saying new words almost everyday and I'm just blown away by her progress, but today she wrote a capital letter "A" for her name and I'm so proud of her.
  • This month is my 20-year high school reunion.  Holy s%#t.  Where has that time gone?  Although I can't make the trip (which I am bummed about), all of my old friends will certainly have a great time catching up on old times & sharing all about their lives.
  • In just over a week, Marilyn will be 14 months old.  She has just one bottle a day - her bedtime one.  I'm wondering how much longer those darn Dr. Brown bottles still have a permanent place on my kitchen counter?
  • We have seen some cutie, cute dogs around here lately... I wonder when the time will be right for our family to adopt another one?  On some days, it still feels so strange that both Booker and Zig are not with us anymore.  But I bet they are having a ball together in Doggy Heaven!


No comments: