Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (HOT Alaskan summer edition)


  • It has been hot this week up here in Alaska.  Not Florida hot.  Not even lower-48 hot.  But pretty darn warm for Alaska... yesterday we topped out at 73 degrees.  I'm not complaining in the least.  I'm just say'in because we have had quite the cold streak lately of highs at 55.
  • Speaking of sun, I have gotten sunburned a bit this week while the kids played in their bathing suits as they jumped through the sprinkler.  Sunburned in Alaska?  Yep.  Me.  On the shoulders.
  • And because the kids have had so much fun in the sun & water this week, I have to go to the store & now buy a new sprinkler toy because ours just ripped & broke.  Overuse I guess.
  • Thomas & the Red Raptors have their first soccer game this weekend.  Kick off is at noon on Saturday just in case anyone wants to join us. 
  • Our first year here up here is quickly coming to a close & I'm left wondering on many days if we are really going to only have 1 more summer up here (due to retirement or 1 last assignment)?
  • Our summer is 1/2 over and we are still enjoying 18 hours of sunlight.  Still crazy to think about.  I will admit it though. I really, really like it.
OK... over & out.  Enjoy your weekend.



No comments: