Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (Pee-Wee edition)


Hi Friday.  Hi ya'll!
  • Independence Day was pretty quiet around here.  We cooked up some yummy BBQ, had festive cupcakes and enjoyed the weather (mid-60s peeps!)... but there were no fireworks for us.  Ya see... when it doesn't get "dark" until after midnight, fireworks are let off pretty late here which is WAY past our bedtime.  Maybe next year we will try staying up.
  • Pee-Wee Soccer begins next week and there is a certain little boy who is super excited!  We already have practice & game schedule and the rest of July & August are certainly booked solid! 
  • I think this upcoming week I'm gonna get back out and start running.  Ever since I have been sidelined with Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain)... I have been just slugging along.  I'm sick of it.  I still need to stretch it a gazillion times a day, but I'm lacing up the running shoes and heading out this week... even if I have to do just a short run and hit our home gym up afterwards to pump some iron.
  • I am loving the cool summer weather (mid to upper 60s), but what I wouldn't give for a week of straight HOT sunny Florida weather where I can just relax by the pool and on the beach and get tan.  I'll keep dreaming.
  • Tomorrow night Brian and I are heading out on our last date night before my mom leaves.  It could be a long time again before we have free babysitting services... I'm gonna enjoy it until the last drop is gone!
  • Thomas is already asking when school is starting - I think all the back-to-school things at the store and on the TV are getting to him.  He is super excited to be going to kindergarten for sure!
  • I, on the other hand, will be an emotional wreck that day. 
  • "Happy Abby Day" is what Abby calls her birthday (which is fast approaching).  She can not wait to turn 3 and open presents just like Marilyn and Thomas have each gotten to in the last month or so.

No comments: