Monday, July 9, 2012

Borrowed Time



This marks the 1,234th post and a little over five years of blogging. Neither number is significant, but what is significant is the sheer amount of information on here, particularly about Thomas. The kids' every move is cataloged - first steps, first words, silly phrases & stories, and every embarrassing thing that they possibly have ever done.

This brings me to the question: When do I make this blog private so that Thomas (and eventually Abby & Marilyn) doesn't suffer any repercussions of what I've told the world about their more private happenings?  As babies, it's cute and sharing any and everything is par for the course. But, next year, we'll have a kindergartner. Then a 1st grader and soon, there will be mean kids who may be looking for ammunition. I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but it has crossed my mind several times recently. I guess I'm trying to figure out when Thomas is going to care that every moment of his life has been written out for public consumption? I know he'll tell me because he is my sensitive one - when his feelings are hurt, he lets me know.  But I still don't know when to expect the censorship to occur. Eventually, I know it will come.  Making the blog private (as opposed to public) is certainly a consideration in the near future. Right now I'm on borrowed time.
My good friend Jen... thanks for your thoughts & never ending motherly advise.


No comments: