Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (AirShow, bear & rental edition)


Hi Friday.  No offense, but I need Sunday evening to get here.  It's just been that kind of week & probably will be that kind of weekend.
  • I shouldn't say that because the Alaskan weather is superb!  Sunny & low-70s is wonderful.
  • I also shouldn't say that because the 2012 Arctic Thunder Air Show is this weekend here on JBER and the entire Anchorage Bowl Area will be visiting the base to enjoy the aircraft, demonstration & displays all weekend long.  Have I mentioned how loud it has been this week with everyone practicing high up us in the sky?
  • Last night on the way home from Thomas' soccer game, we saw this local strolling along the road.
  • It's the end of July and despite the highs being in the upper-60s & low-70s... there is still just a touch of snow left on the mountain tops.  It's a reminder of the record breaking snow fall we had this past winter AND that winter time is not too far off.  Needless to say, we are enjoying every moment of our short Alaskan summer now.
  • My car has been in the shop since Wednesday morning for some brake work.  My loaner car from the dealership was much smaller than my MamaVan.  Here is my gaggle of geese in their temporary seats.  Notice the rose between two thorns in the back seat?  Just kidding.
  • But on the same note, when the kids are so used to traveling in their own {separate} seat in my minivan, when you put them in a really small car, practically on top of each other, moods change quickly.  One minute everyone is laughing, slapping hands, & singing... and then the wind changes... and then the next minute, the kids are in each others' personal bubble, on "someone else's side," and irritated with their each other to the Nth degree.  I was *this close* to turning around and using the infamous line, "Don't Make Me Pull This Car Over!"
  • Finally, the reason I want this weekend to be over... maybe my hubby will have a break from the seriously long days (upwards of 15 hours a day) & stress that he has been under dealing with this preparation for this up coming Air Show.  I guess all for the greater good of the AF.
Enjoy the weekend!


No comments: