Thursday, August 26, 2010

Our little enchilada

Wow, was I surprised. Honestly, I don't know why I was surprised, but it was such a joy to find out Thomas was learning something at school that I know FULL well I couldn't teach him. I should have known this is something that he would be learning given today's teaching curriculum in preschools around the country. Our little lovebug (or in this case - our little enchilada) is learning Spanish and he has quite a little list of words going.

house = casa

friend = amigo

school = escuela

water = agua

bathroom = bano

blue = azul

My Spanish is pretty limited to "Por Favor" (please), "Gracias" (thank you), "taco" (taco), "burrito" (burrito), and "cerveza" (beer). I know sad & pathetic but it is what it is. Thomas is already much smarter in this foreign language than Brian & me put together. Maybe he will be bilingual one day?

But for the record - I took five intense years of the beautiful French language. And I still remember a few words.

No comments: