Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!

Another year gone, another year here.
I realize that everyone says this, including me last year, but really... where does the time go?
365 days just fly by.
How am I supposed to keep my kiddos young, relish the time I have with them where everyone is still innocent & sweet when 12 months is over just as soon as it begins? 
*sigh*
I did not authorize this to happen.
 
I'm so thankful for the lessons I have learned in 2013 - personally & professionally.
As a mom, I've learned more patience (because you can always use more), more perspective, better communication, better listening, and I was reminded once again that it is the smallest things in life that absolutely matter.  The hugs, the kisses, the handholding, the squeezes, the smiles, the quiet moments along with the chaotic & crazy loud ones too.  Each one of those was an important lesson and reminder about the incredibleness of being a mom.
 
I was blessed to have a new opportunity with my career - the door opened for an Assistant Principal position way up here in the Last Frontier and I have learned something new & incredible each and every day since starting this summer.
 
Brian and I too have learned some important lessons this year together.  Despite having an always present (yet fluid) path & plan for our future, we went through some pretty rocky rapids & felt like we were thrown from our boat this year.  Needless to say, our plan changed quickly.  As with all difficult times that we have endured, we hung on to each other, we reminded one another about our own strengths as we navigated thru the fears of the unknown. In the end, the light shown bright for us and we are certainly looking forward to a new chapter in our lives come this next year. 
 
2014 will certainly be filled with change & one that brings us home to family & old friends.
 
Happy New Year!

No comments: