Monday, January 16, 2012

Preacher boy

I'm in the middle of telling Brian something during dinner tonight and this is how the conversation is abruptly interrupted and then it takes a complete lefthand turn thanks to Thomas:

T: "Stop Mom, did you say Bible?"
Me: Um no. [but sounded more like "Um Noooooooooooooooo" & thinking where in the world did this comment come from?]
T: "Well, if you have a Bible, then God will love you."
Me: I know Bud [with a stunned look on my face].
T: "If you also have a Bible, then you will be able to see baby Jesus."
Me: I know, I know Thomas.
[TEARS are ROLLING down our faces at this point but we are trying to keep a straight face]
T: "Do we have a Bible? Where is our Bible, Mom?"
Me: Yes, we do have one sweetie pie... it just happens to still be packed away in the book boxes downstairs in the garage.
T: OK, good.

[Yes, going to a Christian preschool is certainly having an influence on Thomas... as well as us]

No comments: