Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Army song

Thomas has been singing this song for weeks now and I have never really understood all the words he was singing until the other night when Daddy (who can clearly translate some of his lingo for me) informed me of the song's lyrics. Once I knew the lyrics... I now think it is absolutely hilarious everytime he sings it (which is upwards of 5 times a day) because this is just one more example of his Christian preschool having a big influence (which is good) on him. Often times he sings it for Marilyn to make her laugh and giggle and other times he sings it superfast (which is something I think they do at school to have fun with the song). Anyway, I've included the words below to Thomas' rendition of the song, "I'm in the Lord's Army" for you:

I may never march in the Infantry, (march)
Ride in the cavalry, (pretend you're riding a horse)
Shoot the artillery. (clap hands together)
I may never zoom o'er the enemy, (spread arms out and pretend to be a plane)
But I'm in the Lord's Army. (point one finger up to God)
I'm in the Lord's Army, (yes, sir!) (salute)
I'm in the Lord's Army, (yes, sir!)
I may never march in the Infantry,
Ride in the cavalry,
Shoot the artillery.
I may never zoom o'er the enemy,
But I'm in the Lord's Army, (yes, sir!)



No comments: