Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (spring semester edition)

Happy 1st Friday of the Year peeps.  I got a ton of random thoughts running in my head so here it goes...
  • Just realized that this is going to be a long final semester of coursework ahead of me.  And when it's all said and done in early June, I will still have to complete my internship.  Problem is that right now I don't have a school.  Choctaw... one more reason I am really missing you.
  • This spring semester will also be important (and emotional) because we will be registering Thomas for kindergarten.  *sigh* *sniffle*  Not sure if I am ready for all that.
  • Abby's in a funking phase right now.  It's either the Terrible Twos rearing their ugly face or possibly Middle Child Syndrome or even possibly she is tired of Christmas break with everyone at home and no individual attention given to her.  Hmmm.  Maybe by next week she will be back to herself?
  • I think it's so funny that the kids all look similar to each other in many respects in the face yet we have 3 different combinations of hair color & eye color: BR/Brown, BL/Blue, and BR/Blue.
  • Now that we are past the winter solstice & the holidays, we are gaining more daylight hours each passing day... 3 extra minutes a day to be exact.
  • Still searching out a new look for this blog. 
  • I have not had a haircut in 6 months.  I guess this means I'm growing it out long again.
  • I know I have mentioned this before but it has been a while.  I love, LOVE the kids consignment store here in town.  Where else can I bring in my gently used children's clothes and leave with a ton of new (gently used) clothes for each of my kids? It's almost like shopping for free.
  • Thanks to a recent Groupon purchase, the Hecks have family portraits scheduled to be taken in less than 2 weeks.  Very excited.
  • Thomas asks everyday when can he learn how to snowshoe, snowboard and also ski.  I'm not sure who is more excited about him learning... Mommy & Daddy or him.  Soon enough my Daniel-son.
  • Finally in closing, just a huge shout-out to my hubby who won SNCO of the Quarter for the 673d CEG.  Way to go babe!  We love you.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

We're going through a phase here too. I'm hoping it's just a reflection of the busy holidays *fingers crossed*