Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's all 20/20 now

I wish I had known:
  • completing a graduate degree while newly married and working full time was not easy.
  • going back to school for a M.Ed with young children, dealing with TDYs, deployments, relocations, working full time and even being a stay-at-home mom was more stressful & difficult than I could have imagined.
  • how much easier any of the aforementioned would have been had I just stayed on for a 5th year in college when there were virtually no responsibilities.  How easy would that have been?
I wish I had known:
  • having children would change my life in the most tremendous ways.
  • that when we just had Thomas, it was not busy or hectic; instead, that was a piece of cake.
  • that when we just had Abbigail & Thomas, it was not busy or hectic; instead that was a party.  And Mommy & Daddy were evenly matched.
  • that having just one more beautiful child, Marilyn, would complete our family in the most amazing ways.  And yes, it is busy, hectic, chaotic, & loud.  And yes, Mommy & Daddy are outnumbered.  But is also funny, silly, joyous, exciting, and moment after moment are filled with so much love.
  • how much being a Mommy would effect me emotionally, physically & mentally.  It is indeed the most demanding thing I have ever done in my life.  And the most rewarding no doubt.
I wish I had known:
  • when I was young that my sister would one day be my best friend.
  • that my mother was right and I was wrong on so many occasions.
  • that my dad is entitled to making mistakes too just like the rest of us.
  • that falling in love can happen from the first time you meet someone.
  • Love grows stronger every day, every week, every month and year after year.
  • that my sister is one of the smartest people I know.
  • that my mom has a huge heart and does everything with love & the best intentions.
  • that my dad also does everything with love & the best intentions.
  • that my family would not always be together, but that my sister & I would always be loved by both of our parents.

No comments: