Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (the We're Only Halfway Done with Winter edition)

  • So, just now it occurred to me that we (us folks up here in the most northern of northern places) are ONLY halfway done with winter!  What the heck?  Yes, it will be warming up however there is still snow on the ground (and sometimes falling from the sky) here up through April.  OMG!  I think I might be starting to miss the warm,sunny Florida beaches right about now.
  • On a warmer & more pleasant note, we've seen two moose this week.  I don't care who you are... that doesn't get old or boring.
  • I've decided that people who don't shovel their driveways & sidewalks are just plain LAZY.  Don't they realize that it is dangerous (because of the ice) and that people can get hurt (especially their kids)?  Dumb.  Just dumb.
  • I've decided that the short bit of time in the morning that I have to myself (as I savor my perfectly blended cup of coffee w/ hazelnut creamer & Splenda whiling pumping milk for Marilyn) is indeed the "Calm before the Storm."  All craziness begins the moment the kids are up.  If I don't get up shower, pump and get dishwasher unloaded &breakfast started... it becomes a difficult day from the beginning.  This is why I get up at 5:15am.
  • I know its not even February yet, but our taxes are done and filed.  Man... that feels good.  Especially since Uncle Sam owes us.
  • Have I mentioned that we are now in baby proof mode at the house?  Yep... closets, cabinets, electric outlets, stairs, etc.  It just feels like she was born yesterday and now she is crawling.  How did this happen?
TGIF everyone.  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: