Monday, May 16, 2011

Preggo Pains

Meet my girl Nicky.
She is more than my suite mate with our classrooms (meaning our classrooms adjoin to each other);
She teaches English, I teach history.  We both love what we do.  We both try and make a difference in our students' lives.
She is more than a great friend;
She is a fellow military spouse who has walked in my shoes through deployments.
She has been a shoulder to cry on, a hugger when I needed some and the jokster at any moment during the day to keep things light & entertaining.
And just this year, we have found ourselves walking down another similar path... pregnant Mamas.
Although this is her first (a little girl expected to make her debut in late July/early August) and I am on my third, we have found sharing our daily joys, as well as struggles has been comforting and uplifting through all of the Preggo Pains this school year.

Speaking of pains though, I have started to experience many lately and they don't seem to be like any I felt with my first two pregnancies.  It really started last Thursday or Friday and it is on my left side.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with Marilyn Jane sitting square on my sciatic nerve and I get some painful and numbing pains from my lower back down my left leg.  They are the worst in the evening, in the middle of the night when I get up to go to the bathroom, and in the morning for the first few hours.  It is also worst when I have been sitting and then need to get up.  Oh the pains. 

Have I mentioned that I'm sooooo ready to have this baby girl?  People are starting to look at me and say, "are you in pain? or You are still here?".   God people... trust me... I'm ready to not be wobbling down the hallway.  I'm ready to have our baby girl and bring her home and introduce her to her big brother and big sister who also can't wait to meet her. 

Soon enough.  7 days.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

I must start with the fact that I became emotional in reading this and ended in a smile. You truly have been an amazing blessing in my life and I love you beyond what words can say in a blog. I have found not just a friend, but a sister that I have been a little emotional in feeling like I am losing you. Thank you for being amazing:).
On another note...yes she is on your nerve lol. Leilani LOVES to do that with me, but she sits dead on so that both legs go numb and swell double the amount. I am jealous that it took to your third;).

Love you!