Friday, July 16, 2010

***Friday Night Leftovers***

My girlfriend from college uses this in her blog and I think I'm going to give it a try. The idea is to write down all the random thoughts in your head from the week that didn't quite constitute a blog entry of their own... hence the name "leftovers"! Here we go:
  • I can't believe that I only have 2 full weeks of summer vacation left until I go back to school (work) - I feel robbed with how short this summer was due to the change in our new school calendar. Aughhhh!

  • I always have a mental list of projects to get done around the house that I tend to save for vacations - I feel like nothing has been crossed off my list. I guess at least I've started to make headway this week with cleaning out closets, toys, etc so that we can have a big old Garage Sale next weekend. I can't stand clutter or things just sitting around that don't/won't get any more future use.

  • We are more than ready to get going on our patio building project that we have been talking about since Brian returned from the desert... I just hope we can make it happen before school starts because that really is when the insanity begins and our schedules will then both be busy.

  • So glad it is Friday and my hubby will be home at a descent hour - all week long he has been working between 10-12 hour days getting ready for an inspection. Poor him only saw the kids for about an hour and a half each day.

  • Feeling a little guilty that I slept through my alarm clock this morning (4:30am) and didn't get to run. Hubby tried to make me feel better and tell me that my body must have needed it. The thing is, when school starts my schedule is going to be even fuller and I fear that I will lose my precious "me" running time. Remember... November... 1/2 Marathon.

So... to everyone who doesn't mind reading my random thoughts for the end of the week - TGIF!

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Okay, how much do I love that we've connected on FB and even more that you have a blog!!! I love this! LOVE reconnecting with you.
Doesn't it seem like the summer goes by way too fast? I feel like the weekends are flying by at supersonic speed!