Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sweet CA cousin visit

This last week was extra special because we were visited by my CA family - Aunt Trisha, Uncle Eric and my two youngest cousins, Erin & Emily. Because they were staying out at my mom's house, we headed out to Niceville to see them twice this last week and enjoyed every moment with them. We had a blast!

Abby, Thomas, me & Emily
Erin & Thomas
Emily
Aunt Trisha & Abbigail
Uncle Eric (setting up for some water polo action)
Taking a break from the water.

My cousins are unreal. Not only are they beautiful, they are so smart, talented and amazing athletes. Erin, a rising 12th grader, is also a certified lifeguard, water polo star and top academic student. I can't wait to hear about her Senior Year and which university she decides to attend next year. Emily, an incoming 9th grader, is a top ranked cross country runner and soccer star! I'm sure I'm missing all the other sports (I think basketball & volleyball are in there too for them) but the thing is... they are incredible!
Another break... this time it is time for putting together a new "ocean" puzzle.
We had an impromptu trip over to the beach on Thursday afternoon and it was incredible. The kids had a ball and Abby thoroughly enjoyed her first ever beach trip (I know, so pathetic since we only live 5 miles away from the most beautiful beaches). Thomas loved jumping the little waves with Erin & Emily and Abbigail enjoyed the warm water and the sand in her toes and on her fingers. Good day at the beach.
Notice there is NO OIL! Florida has some gorgeous beaches on the Gulf of Mexico and this was a good week because any sign up the oil slick was pushed west and off of our coast. Unfortunately, this will continue to be an ongoing threat for quite a long time. But for the time being... gorgeous.




Building it BIG!



No comments: