Thursday, July 8, 2010

Part II: Fast times in VA

OHHHH... I won't lie... it was fun. Grandpa Mike told Thomas that he had a fast race car in the garage and asked him if he wanted to go for a ride. Well, when you tell a little boy that who absolutely LOVES race cars - his answer was a loud & excited "YES!" Given that I hadn't driven one of my dad's small little convertable Miatas in a few years, I volunteered to take Thomas for a ride around town and show him what it's like to have the wind in your hair and & go fast.

So, we put Thomas' booster seat in the car and off we went...
... We were gone for about 30 minutes driving on slow roads & FAST roads. Thomas talked the whole time about what he saw, how the wind felt on his face & hair and even decided to tell me when I was going too fast (Is there such a thing? ). But, eventually the warm sun took a toll on Thomas and before long...
... he was fast asleep as we drove back to Grandpa Mike's house. I guess Thomas isn't ready to be a racecar driver just yet.


No comments: