Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Part I: A chilly morning, but beautiful summer day

I have no idea how we lucked out. What I'm talking about is last week's relatively "cool" summer temps up in MD & VA. The week before and unfortunately, this week northerners are seeing record temps in the 100s - but last week it was in the upper 50s/low 60s in the morning and it got no hotter than 83 degrees. BEAUTIFUL doesn't even begin to describe the weather. Here we are on the back porch one morning (just the kids & me... we were the only ones up at the insane early hour) - notice we are in sweatshirts. We could have also stood to have socks on but I didn't have those handy. I was loving it... only thing missing was a yummy cup of coffee and a blanket.


In an attempt to keep the troops quiet so everyone else could sleep (it had been a late night), we walked down to the playground at the end of the street and did some climbing and swinging. Again, so delightful when you are used to hot & humid mornings in FL (and usually MD).

What a treat!!!! Mommy's favorite donut place... Dunkin Donuts! Ohhhhh... man do I miss having one of these. We dont' have them down where we live so anytime I can treat myself to a glazed chocolate donut... it is heavenly! I do not like Krispy Kreme Donuts (which is plentiful in the Panhandle) which is sinful to admit and I might be jailed for admitting to it - but nothing is better than some DD and coffee. Brian & I did the donut pickup that morning once everyone was up and had placed their orders. Ohhhhh... did I tell you how much I love them?
Thomas especially loved the assorted donut holes we brought back for him...
I believe he ate the entire bag.
This is crazy to say but the air was a little chilly when we were enjoying some pool time later that day... water was warm, air was chilly. Makes no difference - we swam, played and then bundled up cozy once we got out for lunch.
Our little fish

No comments: