Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (Spring is here? edition)


TGIF peeps.  Hope it's a good weekend for us all!
  • I'm not sure if it's Mother Nature that I have beef with or the local meteorologists, but someone better get their act together.  Over the last week, temps have been in the mid-40s, we have been in full out "melt" mode, and it is clear that Spring is here.  That's the good part.  However, weather reports indicate a few inches of snow are expected this weekend.  What?  Are you kidding me?
  • Thomas & Abby are each going to their first school-friends' birthday parties this weekend.  Excitement (by them) is an understatement. 
  • Marilyn has been working on 4 new teeth for about 2 weeks now.  Poor baby.  Drool & whining has been at an all-time high.  Maybe I should say, "Poor Mama" instead!
  • I love that Marilyn runs around with her diaper off screaming, "I nakey, I nakey!" (Translation: I'm naked, I'm naked!)  Cracks me up every time.
  • Just yesterday I decided to plug in the important dates for next school year ('13-'14) on my personal calendar.  I realize that this sounds ridiculous and over the top-anal for most people.  We haven't even finished this school year.  What can I say... I like to plan and think ahead.
  • It seems that every week I learn something new about the Air Force & how it impacts our family.  On a related note, each week I learn something absolutely frustrating about the Air Force... and how it impacts our family.
  • It's that time of year again where teaching jobs, Assistant Principal positions and even a few government jobs, that clearly have my name on it, are advertised.  Let's see how it all plays out this time around.

No comments: