Thursday, April 11, 2013

Before I forget

I need to write this down before I forget...
  • I walked into Marilyn's room this morning after hearing her chatting it up for about 10 minutes or so.  When I turned on her small lamp and said "good morning," she stood up with her cute little zebra 'jammies on, handed me her wet diaper and said, "I all dry!"  It took me a good 30 seconds to pick my face up off the floor and realize that she had taken off her 'jammies, taken off her diaper and then put the 'jammies back on... correctly.  Oh my word.
  • While reading about dinosaurs the other night, the book described some dinos as having hollow bones in their long tales.  Thomas turned to me and asked, "is that the same as in Pink's song, 'Holla Back Girl'?  After pausing for a second, giggling and then realizing that maybe Thomas listens to my running music on the iPod a little too much, I went on to explain what each word meant.  Realizing his mistake, he started giggling too.
  • Abby is quite persnickety when it comes to her clothes.  She knows what she likes and what she doesn't.  And believe you me, if she says she doesn't like it (whether its the color, design, length, shape, neckline, etc)... she will NOT wear it.  My latest clothing struggle with her is size.  She is insistent that because she is not yet 4-years old, she should not be wearing size 4 clothes.  In her mind, size & age correlate... with no gray area at all.  However, she has a few things that are ridiculously too small and yet sees them as completely appropriate because it is size 3 and she is 3-years old.  Oh, the reasoning of a preschool girl!

No comments: