Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (snow & grass edition)


I've neglected the FNLs for the past few weeks, so I'm gonna pour it on today:
  • I'm proud to say that the transition from crib to toddler bed has been a seamless transition.  Peace of cake!  I owe it all to the blowup toddler mattress from our FL vacation last month.
  • We now must pull down our black out shades in our bedroom before we go to bed due to almost 16 hours of daylight.  Sunrise today is 6:05 AM and sunset is at 9:50 PM!  Yes, you read that correctly... the sun doesn't go down until almost 10 o'clock at night!  Love it.
  • On our side of the street, all the houses have grass growing in their yard.  On the opposite side of the street, those poor fools have piles of at least 2-3' of snow in their yard.  It pays to have a house facing South/Southeast!
  • There are only 20 school days left (if you count today)!  Holy Moly!  That means two things are certain: 1) I'm about to have a 1st grader and 2) I need to figure out our summer schedule ASAP!
  • Brian starts his new job in the next week or so.  He'll be going back to his roots in the civil engineer world.
  • Marilyn says so much.  I'm blown away daily with, not only her words that she says, but also the short sentences that she raddles off to us.  Girl is a talker.
  • Speaking of our little Chatty Cathy, I can not even believe she will be 2-years old in less than a month.  How do I slow the hands of time?
  • Thomas never ceases to amaze me - he tells us his favorite part of the school day is math (more specifically, doing subtraction), his talent of drawing now includes detailed dragons & fancy racecars, and he sits with Marilyn and reads her stories.
  • Brian and I are relieved once again that we have found good renters for our house while we are away.  Peace of mind goes a long way!

No comments: