Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Packing for Paradise

The Gulf Coast Paradise we are getting ready to head back to this coming weekend is calling our names...
... and I'm very much looking forward to doing a lot of this!

But before we can head out of Alaska, the challenge of packing for a family of 5 has to happen.
Let's be real for a second - if it was just me, packing would be a cinch.  One small bag, a purse, some light reading and some iPod music, right?
Things would look a lot like this:
I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone that most women & men think about packing for a trip, well... differently.
I've been making a list for a month; Brian keeps asking what day we are leaving.
I started packing for the kids last weekend; Brian will start thinking about packing on Friday night.
I've been planning airplane activities for the kids for weeks; Brian will focus on packing flip-flops & underwear.
Plain and simple... planning, packing & worrying are completely different between women & men.

And let's not even get started on what the kids suitcases would/could/might look like if I left them to their own devices - rest assured, I would never do that.
This is exactly what their bags would resemble:

And then there's the never ending worry that we are going to pack too much.
I'm relieved to know that every where we are staying - beach condo & with family - laundry can be done which will eliminate the need for (hopefully) packing the kitchen sink and thus avoiding us looking like this at the airport next weekend:

Packing for paradise might not always be easy...
but I'm so excited to be vacationing where I don't need to wear snow boots, use my seat warmers in the car or worry about shoveling the driveway & sidewalks before I can leave the house.
Bring on the sun, sand, warm weather and loved ones we have missed!
 
 

No comments: