Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ice Cream, Gruffalo, Playdates, Photo Shoots & More

Busy, Busy, Busy week.
Of course - that's nothing new.  It's actually quite the norm around here.
Because I'm exhausted and because I have a gazillion and one pictures that are just sitting around from this last week or so, I thought I would take the easy way out today and just do a photo dump.  Here it goes:
 
Sharing dessert -
It's even sweeter when you have someone to share the spoon with.
 
Thomas, Abbigail and I went to our first theatre performance together this weekend and saw The Gruffalo... which happens to be a favorite story in the Heck household.  The Alaska Junior Theatre sponsored the event at the Center for Performing Arts downtown and it was fantastic!

 Before the show even started, they had several book readings (including The Gruffalo) in the lobby for the kids to enjoy.  Thomas & Abby loved it!
 They especially enjoyed listening to Miss Anchorage 2012 read the story and act out the scenes.
 Of course, having a milk & cookie snack certainly made it that much sweeter (no pun intended).
 On our way home, we took the scenic route and walked through Town Center Square to see what was left of all of the famous ice sculptures from New Years Eve.
 On a different note, we spent one morning making Valentine's Day cards for our loved ones back home.  I won't even share the craft mess that ensued with stickers, scissors, glitter, glue/paste, and pink & red galore that was everywhere.  Needless to say it looked like we were quite productive when it was all over.
I had the wonderful idea of taking a V-day picture of my 3 munchkins holding up signs and wishing everyone a wonderful "LOVE" day.  The photo shoot went on for approximately 10 minutes with absolutely not one descent picture.  Getting frustrated, I decided there was no other alternative other than to make an absolute fool of myself in front of the kids in order to get them to laugh.  So, I busted out all of my best (and worst) dance moves that included me shaking my rump & bootie.  I assure you that had anyone. ANYONE. else seen this, I would have hung my head in shame.  But, because my children laughed hysterically and gave me this gem of a picture... it was completely worth it!
 The before "Shake-Your-Money-Maker-Dance pictures...

 Do you see now why I needed to resort to such drastic measures?
 Thomas working hard at building a new Lego car... he loves this stuff!
It's a shame he doesn't have all day to just build because he absolutely would if he could.
A girl and her brownie.
Do you think there was a mess when she was done?
 The girls and I hosted our first Kids Play Date Swap on Friday.
We had 8 kids, ages 4 down to 12 months old.
9:30 - 12 noon.
Snacks, playtime, art (V-day craft), and finally lunch.
Everyone goes home for naps/quiet time.
Two Mommies are with the kids, One Mommy gets 2.5 hours of alone time to do whatever she darn well pleases.
My two Mommy friends that I did this with are wonderful ladies and we are all hoping to make this work at least once a month (if not twice).
Actually, the best part is having your kids enjoy this time with others...growing, learning, exploring, socializing and respecting another adult while you are away.
 Here's Abby eating lunch at the "big kids" table with the boys.
And for a few laughs and giggles, here is a glimpse of Abby & Marilyn co-piloting the plane home to Florida (as Daddy was vacuuming one evening).  Notice the alignment of the chairs for their "plane." 



No comments: