Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mom'isms

I am beginning to realize I have my own quirky sayings.  The kids hear me say them over and over, while I'm sure when others hear me, they just look at me either in confusion or probably laugh at me.  Which is fine... I'm secure in my quirkiness!  My little phrases or quirky sayings have really become a part of my life.  Let me explain a few of my most common Mom'isms:

Dirty Birds - referring to my 3 {dirty} children right before bath time.
Clean Beans - referring to my 3 {now clean} children after bath time.
Funky Monkeys - referring to me 3 {sticky, gooey, messy} children after they have eaten breakfast, lunch and/or dinner and hence need a wipe-down.
Ya know what I mean, Jelly Bean? - what I ask them when I'm joking around but want to know if they understand what I'm asking of them.
Let's roll out - what is usually said when everyone finally has their snow gear on and we are ready to head out the door.
Roger, boss! - my {joking} response to what any one of my 3 kiddos might have just said to me!
Goose - a nickname I use with any one of the kids.  It is short for "silly goose".

No comments: