Monday, November 19, 2012

M.Ed - the end is finally in sight!

In just less than a month, I will finally be done with my Masters in Educational Administration.  It will be my 2nd Masters degree.  It will also be my final one. *whew*  The end is finally in sight!

Here's a look back at it taking so long:
  • Started April 2009.  Will graduate December 2012.  Completing the degree took 3 years and 8 months.  Been a long road.
  • Surviving one of Brian's 8-month deployments during this time.
  • Countless and endless TDYs which meant handling the homestead by myself.
  • One PCS (5,000 miles) move up up to Alaska.
  • Two pregnancies.
  • 3 beautiful and energetic children to keep up with.
  • My teaching career.
  • Being a stay-at-home mom in Alaska.
  • 16-weeks, 270 hour internship... Non-paid.
  • 11 classes.
  • Research & Writing up to my eyeballs.
  • One supportive, loving, patient, and motivating husband to help see me through it all.
My hope {and plan} is to now have the opportunity to step into an assistant principal position here in Alaska and then eventually when we return to Florida.  My heart has always been in the classroom, making a difference in the lives of young teenagers as a mentor, coach and teacher.  Whether I was teaching history or listening to their struggles and offering advise and guidance, I've always wanted to be a positive influence on kids.  But after 12 years of teaching, I want the opportunity to be a school leader and a vital part of the bigger picture.  With my M.Ed {almost} done, my goal is take advantage of new opportunities in 2013!


1 comment:

TeamBolina said...

Exciting! So proud of you, M. All those "challenges" and you are still ON TOP. Boom.