Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (Santa's direct line edition)



  • This weekend is supposed to be down right cold.  As in single-digit lows & highs in the teens.  Brrr!  Good news though... sunshine through & through!
  • With a photo shoot scheduled for Sunday morning with a local photographer, our inside session should be much cozier than our outside, snow-filled, winter wonderland photo session that will follow.  Did I mention Brrrr?
  • We are down to about 7 hours of daylight and losing about 5 minutes each day. 
  • Exactly 4 weeks left of my internship. Bring it on!
  • Thomas' kindergarten teacher has the entire class convinced that that motion sensor on the ceiling is Santa's direct line.  Every time that the red light blinks, they think he is watching them on his computer up in his North Pole office.  She told me yesterday that it is the most hilarious thing in the world.  Did I mention that I like her?
  • Speaking of school, Thomas is officially a reader.  I'm in awe of him and how quickly this whole reading process has happened.  You should see him sound out everything.  The reading, the spelling!  I love it!
  • Unfortunately, whining and huffing is still happening WAY TOO MUCH (namely by my #1 and my #2 kiddos).  However, I have pulled out a few mom tricks from my sleeve with only marginal success.
  • As of today, I am officially a registered team member {with some other fabulously crazy military wives) for the Annual Anchorage Polar Plunge that happens next month!  Yes... I will be jumping into a large hole in a frozen lake.  Yes... insane, but I will only live in Alaska once & it supports the Special Olympics!
Winter Alaska sunrise around 9:15am




No comments: