Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (onto Christmas edition)


Thanksgiving is over.  December is around the corner, people.  We are officially onto Christmas now.
  • I don't know if its because the temps are hoovering just above zero here in Alaska or that my husband is spending this holiday weekend at home in warm, humid, non-frozen Florida, but I had a crazy dream last night about laying on the beach in my bikini with my snow boots.  Weird.  I know.
  • I think Thanksgiving Thursday shoppers are crazy. Just plain crazy. Of course, I say that because I couldn't go.
  • This is the first year EVER that I have created and ordered our Christmas cards in the month of November. Unbelievable. People, unprecedented.
  • I witnessed the most heart-warming thing between Thomas & Abby last night when I came down stairs to tuck them into bed - they were both snuggled in her bed with Thomas reading the word on her vocab card & then her repeating the word to work on her speech sounds.  But the heartwarming part was him saying the most encouraging things to her as she pronounced each word.
  • I'm grieving the post-Thanksgiving Day leftovers.  I have none.  Of course, that will work nicely for my diet that I should now go on after eating as much turkey & fix'ins as I did.
  • I'm already feeling the stress of Christmas shopping and we are still a month out.  That's my personal demon that I struggle with because I don't have a paycheck.
  • I'm really looking forward to this weekend...hoping to make several "handprint" ornaments for the Christmas tree with the kids!  Bring on the "Ho-Hos" & White Christmas.
 Have a great holiday weekend everyone.
 
 
 

No comments: