Sunday, March 27, 2011

A "Whatever" kind of morning

I definately don't plan for mornings like this one. How could I? I'm a routine-oriented, structured, Type-A, "let's get things done while having fun" kind of Mom. But I have to admit... this morning was really, R-E-A-L-L-Y nice. No agenda. No schedule. No place to be (unlike the last two mornings).

So, outside of staying in our 'jammies until 10:30am, the kids just had a blast playing and watching cartoons. On top of getting the needed and necessary chores done (changing linens, dishes, more laundry), we practically tore the whole house apart. I think we spent the better half of the morning in Thomas' room where we played dress up with pirate costumes...

... and did a clean out on the too-small clothes and pulled out the new (and bigger ones). Can you tell that my kids LOVE when the containers come out? Matter of fact, I had to go empty a 2nd one just so they could each have one to play in. So, while I sorted & detagged, Thomas & Abby stayed busy hiding, climbing, pretending and laughing.
Oh, and how could I forget? Since a good chunk of the clothes Thomas wears comes from his older cousin Jake as hand-me-downs (thanks Aunt Jenny), there are always some wonderful surprises in the containers. Abby found these and I think has unofficially claimed them as her own (and yes, they are on the wrong feet).
Definately a fun morning. We finally all got dressed. Ziggy finally got his AM walk. Everyone ate a good lunch. The house finally got straightened up. I'm sure this afternoon will be a bit more structured given that there are erronds to run and things to get ready in order for everyone to head back to school/work tomorrow now that Spring Break is over. But what a great way to end Spring Break week. Relaxed. Very Relaxed.

No comments: