Thursday, March 17, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (Thursday night version)


I know that I probably won't have time tomorrow between school, friends over for dinner and getting things packed up for our Disney vacation... posting a "leftover" blog will probably not happen so I'm trying to be proactive now.
  • This week has been tough to get through mentally... Spring Break is upon us and it is just down right hard to concentrate... heck, it is hard to teach.  I'm sure my students are 50x worse than me.  Even my M.Ed course has been suffering.
  • Thomas has now routinely snuck into our room every single night over the last week or so.  I'm thinking he is like a "nomad."  I just can't understand why.  It is the floor; not comfortable; not cozy.  But he comes in and doesn't make a sound and just goes to sleep with his pillow, his blanket and his little blue baby.
  • There are more and more precious moments between Thomas & Abbigail - some are quiet moments like this one on the back porch just drinking some juice; other times it is them laughing, giggling and enjoying the fact that they have each other to play with.  I hope I didn't just curse myself.
  • Abby's hair is out-of-control.  Seriously.  It has no shape.  It is a hundred different lengths.  It has been called a "mullet" many times by many different people.  Unfortunately, there is some truth to that last statement even though I try and deny it.  The next time that Thomas has a haircut... I will be making an appt for Abby as well and she can have her first real, big-girl haircut.
  •  Exciting news on the PCS front... our offiical passports arrived for me and the kids the other day.  These are the ones that the government pays for and issues out because we are on official orders to an "overseas" location.  We still need to get a personal passports for us - so we can travel where ever we want without depending on orders.  Only concern now is making sure the military can get the baby's passport expediated fast enough before we leave.  Got to have SS card to apply and then the speedy service is 4-6 weeks... it's pushing up pretty close.
  • Looking forward to the Hornet's first soccer game this weekend (0% chance of rain) so Saturday morning should be an exciting one.  I'm going to try really hard to just wear my "Mommy hat" and forget all about the coaching days.  I'm going to sit on the sidelines and just cheer my little boy on!
  • The house is officially on the "rental" market; next step is to get things ready to put it on the "For Sale" market...

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Both of my girls had fierce mullets. Right now, Bean is in a Pat Benatar stage. Her hair is atrocious.