Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Are we being played?

OK... so that was my first thought.  "Is our little girl playing us for some crazy parents who just fell off the turnip truck yesterday?"  My other thought was, "Damn Michelle, you can handle 15-18 year old teenagers everyday with ease - why can't you figure out a 1.5 year old?"

After a very long night last night with getting Abby to go to bed and then stay asleep (including a 3am wake up which ended with me sleeping on her floor until 4:30am when it was time for me to wake up) - today seemed entirely different.
I had a chance to talk with Abby's teacher, Ms. Deborah at school today and asked if there were any changes she noticed with naptime or even Abby's personality.  Ms. Deborah told me "yes."  But it was a surprise what she shared.  Over the last week or so, Abby has been her little helper, so cooperative and very attentive.  OMG.  That is not the same child that we see at home or in the car the majority of the time.  I feel like a complete role reversal has happened with her being "good" at school and "difficult" at home.  Unbelievable.  It's like I'm not sure which Abbigail I'm going to get each day/week.
The one thing that it might really be is teething.  I did give her some tylenol tonight with hopes that it would relax her and help take the edge off and ultimately help her (and EVERYONE else in the house sleep better).  Wouldn't you know... she went down with ease tonight and hasn't squeeked once (yet...fingers crossed).  Maybe poor little girl really is dealing with new chompers and that is what has her so cranky and grumpy.  I guess we will see how she does tonight.  There is one thing for sure - she had a great time out on the soccer field tonight and you would never know that her "evil twin" has been with us most of the last week.

Our sweet little monkey

No comments: