Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Another year has come & gone.  Each time this happens, I am left wondering "how does it go by so fast?"  It feels like it goes even faster now that we have children.  I love reflecting back though on what has happened throughout a year so that I can be sure I have learned something (I hope I learned something), so that I can plan for the future (and maybe not make so many of the same mistakes), & so that the little details of my children growing up are firmly cemented in my head.

Despite being separated about half the year (with the 2nd half of a deployment & 4 TDYs to CO this fall), our family has been blessed to grow together, create wonderful memories and thrive like we have hoped.  This New Year is sure to be an exciting one as much change is on the horizon for us.  A few things we are hoping to experience, accomplish, celebrate and enjoy in the upcoming year:
  1. A new baby... adding to the love & the craziness in our house! I feel like "Part of Five" will certainly be a fitting title for us then.
  2. Thomas starting preschool at the ripe old age of 4! With a few site words already familiar to him, I just know that he will start to experience the initial steps of reading and his world will open even more.
  3. Abbigail will find her words very soon. Once she does, we are certain that she too will thrive, in her own way, during the "Terrible Twos."
  4. A positive and exciting move up to Anchorage, Alaska where there is outdoor adventure awaiting us... as well as very, very cold temperatures. We know we can adjust to the different climate and we also know that this is an experience that we don't want our children (or us) to miss out on.
  5. Losing the babyweight for a final time (towards the 2nd half of the year) ... if I can do it the first two times, I'm certain I will be able to do it this final time with determination, support & hardwork!
  6. Continuing to complete my 2nd Masters degree in Educational Leadership.
  7. Being a stay-at-home Mommy (at least for the first year once we are in Alaska) and enjoying every moment of my children's milestones first hand.
  8. and the most important... time together as a family! I can't wait!

No comments: