Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

I feel like I've been blogging all week (at least with pictures) so I don't know if I really have much... I'll try though and see what I can come up with for the "leftovers"...
  • If you haven't noticed... I'm experimenting with a new header look for the blog. Thanks to my college friend, Jen, she showed me how to upgrade and have some pics of the kids at the top.  I might continue to sweek the look but I'm definately like'in the new look!
  • Abby has finally turned the corner on sickness, although she will still be on medicine for another week.  Side affects though have been her waking up (way too early) in the AM soaked from a wet diaper.  This never happens so we are convinced that the medicine is making her PEE more.  Is that possible or am I being stupid?
  • I feel run down this week.  Not because I'm getting sick, most likely because my FAT but is going non-stop.  I was walking up the stairs this morning to class and I got to the half way point and was winded.  "Damn" I thought... its just too early for me to be running out of steam.  I hope this changes after a weekend of rest. 
  • So it is tax time and the Hecks like to get this done as early as possible each tax season.  Tomorrow is judgement day - yeah!  I say that simply because we have continued to be on the big ++ side the past few years.
  • Speaking of taxes... I picked up a copy of our 2010 total paid for daycare today.  I almost had a heart attack.  Seriously.  Sure, I write a check every week for my 2 kids to be in daycare but I never give much thought to what the total over the course of a year will look like.  That is until tax time.  Who in the heck pays more than $11K for daycare?  We do.
  • Daddy & Abby have long had their flu shots taken care of this season.  Today, Thomas & I finally took care of business.  I haven't meant to put it off so much, but in all honesty, it just hasn't been convenient or easy to fit in a stop to the medical clinic.  But today we did it and I'm extremely happy to report that a certain 3 year old had no tears, no worries and was all smiles when it was all done.  I was so proud of him!
 

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I hope everyone is feeling better there soon.
Yeah, I hear you on the childcare expenses. It was painful to see the totals over here too.