Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Halfway mark

I'm at the 20 week point and I'm really surprised that I'm already at the halfway point.  Although I feel the same in many of the same ways as I did with my first two pregnancies, there are a few things that seem a little more "enhanced":
  • I feel bigger.  Granted I lost a lot of weight (more than the baby weight) after having Abby so I started at a lighter weight... but now I just feel bigger than I was at this point.
  • I'm thirstier.
  • I'm hungrier.
  • I'm more tired... I'm sure teaching on my feet all day, 2 kids, commuting, grading papers at night, etc has something to do with it.
At this halfway point, Baby Heck is growing bigger & stronger both inside & outside.  He/She weighs approximately 10 1/2 ounces now. He/She is also around 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana.  I'm feeling the baby kick and move (like flutters) each day now and it is a wonderful to "feel" the little life growing inside of me.  I can't wait for Brian to be able to feel the baby also in the coming weeks.


No comments: