Thursday, February 3, 2011

Recap... after 2 long weeks

I'm still alive.

Still keeping my head above water.
Sorta.
I'm sorry that there has been no posts or pictures in 2 weeks.
Life is busy - extremely busy.

I'm going to try and recap in a very brief way (no promises) and hit the highs.  I'd like to think of this as the Cliff Notes version of life in the Heck household:
  • My M.Ed class I'm currently taking is demanding - time, energy, brain power, analytical thinking... my brain is hurting again just typing about it.  The two upsides are that I'm doing well in it and we are at the half way point.  This really has been the major reason I have had not time (and no creativity left in me to blog). 
  • My two munchkins are good.  We have all returned to business as usual - funny stuff every day from them; plenty of Abby tantrums which then result in Abby time-outs... she is learning though.  Thomas has been spelling practically every other word that he comes across - I'm loving that he is intrigued... I hope reading is the next big step.
  • We are 24 weeks pregnant this week - well past the half way point and fast approaching the 3rd trimester.  We actually had a Level II ultrasound done this last week... apparently the military docs thought my "AMA" (Advanced Maternal Age) + inconsistencies of an earlier ultrasound sparked a reason to send me to the High Risk Perinatal docs in the civilian sector.  Thank goodness we got excellent news back from the visit... all looks super with Baby Girl Heck... fluids, size, heart beat, organs.  Now if we could only agree on a name for her.
  • Two Saturdays ago... Grannie stopped in for some milk & mini-donuts one morning.  As always... they were a hit and both Thomas & Abbigail had a great time with her.

  • We have been trying to encourage Abby to "sit on the pot" each evening when we start the bedtime routine.  She loves to run to the potty anyway when anyone of us goes to use it, so we thought we would have her sit on the training potty (and/or the big one) and try and go potty.  Other than the fact she is having a good time, we have had no luck with pee-pees in the potty.  However, we have had several accidents in the bathroom (seconds after getting off the potty) and on the carpet in her room.  Figures.
  • What I did find hilarious is this last Saturday morning...
  •  Poor Ziggy has been stink'in to the high hills lately.  We couldn't stand the thought of giving him a bath outside with the temps being as chilly as them have been.  So instead, Daddy decided we would use our shower as the K-9 tubby center.  Thomas & Abbigail thought it was great that Daddy & Ziggy got to shower together.
... they were in charge of getting the towels ready for drying him off and for dry place for Ziggy to stand once he got out.
  • On a final note... wanted to share the exciting news about Brian.  He has been named the SNCO (Senior Non-Commissioned Officer) of the Year for the HORSE... looking forward to celebrating at the big shin-dig in early March up at Moody AFB where the 9th Air Force will host the big event!  Congratulations!  We couldn't be more proud.
  • A few things on the horizon, but I'm just not sure when I will have the next opportunity to blog... could be tomorrow, might be 2 weeks from now:
    1. Thomas starts soccer in less than 2 weeks... I'm super excited about being a soccer mommy and cheering him on from the sidelines.
    2. Daddy is running in a 15K on Saturday... we are the cheerleaders & support system.  Hope to take pictures & have some tales from the morning.
    3. Thomas' first dental appointment is next week... fingers crossed that things go well, he doesn't freak out from the new experience (although we have been talking it up) and we have a good checkup.
OK... until next time (whenever that may be)... enjoy your loved ones around you.  Tootles.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I swear that powered donuts are the devil. They look super cute eating them though!