Saturday, December 4, 2010

Upward & Onward

So if having Baby Heck #3 wasn't big enough news... this one might surprise you.

We are moving.

Out of the South.

Thousands of miles away.

As most of you know, we are a military family. And with that, comes deployments, TDYs and moving locations. It is just part of it. I guess I say that with ease because I was a military "brat" growing up, as was my hubby. It was just part of life to move every few years. Sometimes across the country, sometimes across the world (both of us were born overseas). I also say this with a bit of a heavy heart because it is never easy to move on and say goodbye to all that you have grown used to and comfortable with - especially the family & friends that surround you & support you. However, this change means a great deal to us in the way of how much time we hope we will be able to spend together. And when the sun goes down at the end of the day, it is the four of us (soon to be five) who solely rely on each other and need each other and care for each other - and being together is all the difference.

With all of that said, at the end of the summer we will be packing up & moving out to the true frontier. We will be moving to...

Alaska

Alaska happens to also be where my husband enlisted & started his military career and we are now headed back there towards to the end of his career. Quite fitting if you ask us.
Oh, will the HeckLures' Adventures surely be fitting now!!!!

2 comments:

Lynnlee said...

What if I do not approve? sadly that is the only downfall of living where we live.. so many great people come but that often means they will have to go. Im sure it is the best for you and your family...so I guess I will be understanding. =) just kidding, that will be a lot of fun and all the more reason to blog!!

Danifred said...

WOW! Talk about two different worlds! I can't wait to hear more about it!