Monday, December 20, 2010

Elf helper

Today was productive.  Heck, the last several days have been productive when it comes to anything related to Christmas preparations - shopping, decorating, gift wrapping, packaging, mailing boxes off, etc.  But there is no doubt that today felt like I was a one-man Elf shop with the amount of presents I wrapped with TLC.  But as I was acting like one of Santa's little Elf helpers... I realized why I do most of my present wrapping all in one big "scha-bang":

It's simple.  I have all of my present wrapping stuff tucked away (so that little eyes & hands do not see or touch).  If I need all of the essential elements for good present wrapping... it will take about 10 minutes just to pull it all out and put it on the dining room table.  Once I think I'm ready, then I have to go through the list... do I have everything so that there is no unnecessary need to get up?  Tape, scissors, all different kinds of wrapping paper, bows, ribbons, name stickers, more bows, marker(s), containers, boxes, etc.  What a pain in the butt to drag everything out!  However, once it is all out... I sit and wrap presents for hours (while listening to Mr. Bing Crosby and get a tremendous amount done).  Why do I do that instead of just doing a little bit at a time & tucking it away when I'm done temporarily?  Let me repeat for you... there are two little munchkins who live here who will not only find it, but pull it out, ask a million questions as to why I need all of it and does Santa know that I am doing some of his work????

  Oh Lord... see what I mean?  It is just easier to mass present wrap and then put it all away for another day/night of last minute wrapping.  It is just easier to be one of Santa's Elf helpers...

No comments: