Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers (Christmas shopping countdown)

OK beloved blog followers...
  • I'm serious. I have got to start Christmas shopping ASAP. Actually, yesterday was the first opportunity I have had time to get into a store and I only bought a few things for my kids and then some of our dear friends' kids who we will be celebrating with tomorrow night. This weekend I'm going to make a dent (be it big or small) on my shopping list. Promise.
  • It has been freezing this week in Florida (literally... 32 degrees in the AM). This clearly must be God's way of exposing us to what our future locale will feel like.
  • Thomas is so excited about Daddy putting up the Christmas train that will go around our tree this year. The train is not something that I would/could have set up last year during the deployment. Yeah for Daddy & Christmas trains!
  • My hubby asked me if we wanted to attend his work Christmas party next week; of course I obliged but then quickly realized I would need to go shopping for a nice maternity cocktail dress. Oh crap! I'm having a hard enough time going shopping for Christmas presents let alone for a speciality item like that.
  • We think Thomas is going through a growth spurt right now - he is complaining that his legs hurt and we have noticed that he looks taller and his pants are starting to look like highwaters. So... I told him to slow his growing and he said, "OK Momma, just for you!"
  • On Abby news, she has been having really good days at school. Amen to that! However, in the afternoons when we get home from school she has been full of whining, tantrums, and needy. Oh my... boy have the tables been turned on us now.

Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Danifred said...

The Christmas shopping never seems to end. Just when I think I'm done, I remember something else. I hope you are able to make a dent in it this weekend!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Visiting from Friday Night Leftovers. Uggg...I have shopping to do too. But a cocktail dress sounds nice. Good luck!

Sarah said...

From FNL...

Good luck finding a dress! I am 26 weeks and wouldn't attempt to go shopping for a dress now ;)

I have almost all of my Christmas shopping done, which never happens this early! Usually I start a week from Christmas! Hope you are able to put a big dent in that list!