Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Polar" opposites

No pun intended... but the Hecks are certainly headed to cold/polar country.  Check out the annual average temps up in Alaska that we will be facing in less than a year.  Cold seems to be an understatement.  My poor kids think it cold when its in the 30s and 40s now... what will they think when we are bundled like snowmen?
Another thing that will take some adjustment is going from the Sunny Florida to Alaska where the winter months see only about 6 hours of daylight a day; we sure are going to have to invest in some serious lights in the house.  Don't get me wrong, in the summer there is approximately 18 hours of sunlight which sounds both crazy & ridiculous; I should probably plan on keeping my dark out curtains I have for the kids' rooms... we will need this for sure!

1 comment:

Nicky said...

You are soooo screwed:)