Friday, August 21, 2009

Well Baby & Mommy Check

Yesterday & today were all about my 2-week post-op check and Abby's 2-week "Well Baby" check. Brian poked fun at me both days about me getting all dressed up and getting out of the house - first of all... I wasn't "all dressed up," but I did have a shower and have normal clothes on. Second, it felt wonderful to drive and go somewhere. See... little things in life make all the difference.

Yesterday, my appointment was quick and painless. The doc just wanted to make sure my incision was healing nicely and there were no problems with infection or pain. I complimented him on some nice handy work, but jokingly inquired why he had not given me a tummy tuck or 6-pack abs when he had me under the knife???? Of course, the appointment also included me standing on the scale... I was happy to see the number that popped up but I know that I have some work to do in order to get to that pre-pregnancy number. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will be able to start going on longer (and faster) walks and eventually work my way up to running again soon. I have to admit though... breastfeeding sure does help with the weightloss. You can't beat burning 500-1000 extra calories a day just by feeding your baby. Heck Yeah!

Today was Abbigail's turn... Eglin's pediatric clinic wanted to see her and check her out before they released her to our civilian pediatrician. Our big question was her weight - was she back up to birth weight after these last 2 weeks? I got to tell ya... she is an eating machine. I feel like my udders are constantly on "go mode" and she eats all the time. With that said, you can understand my concern about her weight. Anyway, her stats are in:

Birthday weight - 6 lbs 15 oz
Discharged from hospital - 6 lbs 10 oz
2-week weight check - 7 lbs 3 oz

Birthday height - 18.5 in
2-week height check - 18.75 in

That's right folks... we have exceeded our expectations of getting back to birth weight... our little girl is growing like a weed already!!!!

No comments: