Monday, August 3, 2009

Final Monday

... like life will never be the same or something after today? I guess I didn't mean the title to sound that way, but in all truth this is the final Monday to get things done; final Monday that I can sleep through the night without interruption; final Monday to just enjoy it being Thomas as an only child and give all my attention to him; final Monday that Brian and I actually outnumber our children thus making it somewhat "easier," right?

This time next week, we will be home from the hospital with a precious little girl who is all ours. We are definately excited about that and really looking forward to bringing her into this world, loving her with all of our hearts, watching her grow... just as Thomas has amazed us over the last two years not just in size, but in how a child learns everything about life & the world. I think having a child has taught me how simple things really are - whether it is watching a child look around as an infant as they take in the colors and sounds around them or seeing them watch a bug crawl across the ground and then fly away and wonder how it happens. Life with a child really does help you slow down and savor the small & simple things in life (if you let it). I really do love it especially since I'm the kind of person who is always "going, going, going."

I'm up early this morning and ready to jump in the shower (it is 5:55am) after a quick cup of coffee - I have a final OB appointment today (38.5 weeks) and then I'll be up at school for just a few short hours finalizing classroom & lesson plan stuff for my sub who I meet with tomorrow. Thank goodness this part is almost done! Thomas will be spending the better half of the day with Nana out at her house playing & being spoiled... the life of a grandchild... really rough I'm sure.

No comments: