Sunday, August 2, 2009

Beware: Artists at work

Any of you who know Brian well know that he HATES to paint. From day 1 that I have known him, he has always said (and been true to his word) that he will build anything, renovate anything, and fix anything for me... but do not ask him to paint anything. Got it! So needless to say, I have been the painter in the family. That has been the case except for 2 times... both times involve me being pregnant and needing the baby's rooms painted. See - love does conquer all!

Anyway, here is Brian painting this weekend some of the mismatched pieces of furniture & shelves that we have for Abby's room. Yes, I realize the baby will be here before the weekend arrives, but we just have been so busy lately. Regardless - the painting is done and her room is 90% complete. I'm not posting the completed room tonight. I have a few last minute things that I will be picking up tomorrow & Tuesday - I'll post a picture of her room then, OK?

What was I thinking when I told Thomas, "don't touch any of Daddy's paint"? I guess you can't get too mad, right? Brian let this dry, then cut it out and saved it. I ended up putting it up on Thomas' dresser tonight and he saw it. He was so cute when he said, "Ma-Ma, dat my hand."
Thomas doing some of his own art work...
... on his body

No comments: