Thursday, August 6, 2009

Boom!

Boom! I didn't actually hear that part, but I heard the intense crying that came afterwards in the middle of last night. Yeap... Thomas fell out of bed. I was hoping it would never happen, but I guess the odds were he eventually would. Poor little guy fell out of his big-boy bed.

I quickly made my way across the house to his bedroom thinking that I would find him sitting at the end of his bed trying to find his NUK or trying to shake off a bad dream he had just woke up to. Instead, when I opened the door, he was on his hands & knees next to his foot stool. I was shocked because Thomas never gets out of his bed without one of us coming into his room first. I quickly put two & two together and realized he had fallen out. I scooped him up into my arms and felt his body shaking (I too would have been frightened). We just sat and rocked for awhile as he calmed down. I looked him over and he seemed to be unscratched (but later in the morning I found 2 good size bumps on his forehead probably from hitting the foot stool) so we went to the kitchen for some milk. After a few more minutes, he was ready to fall back to sleep. On went his music and he snuggled with his baby bear & blanket. It took me much longer to go back to sleep than it did him - all I could picture was my little munchkin falling. Not a good image to try and go to sleep to.

No comments: