Sunday, August 2, 2009

Magnolia

Today's project was transplanting a beautiful young Magnolia tree from our neighbor Tom's backyard to our front yard. Here is a look at the process (including some pics of the littlest helper) along the way:
To their surprise, there was a bigger & deeper root system than expected
As they labored and sweated their butts off, all I could do was offer cold bottles of water. Oh well... I'm in the final days of creating a miracle inside me... I deserve a break, right? By the way, notice the small supervisor in the background - he is barefoot and getting completely dirty in the sand & mud...
...which then resulted in a redneck bath in the big garage sink. Of course this was right before naptime and I couldn't have him crawling into bed all dirty. Besides - he loves it. If only I had his tubby toys in there with him. Once again, let me emphasize that we are NOT rednecks; we only live in a redneckish area.
After Thomas went down for a nap, the guys moved the tree across the street and positioned it in just the right spot!
Isn't she beautiful? I can't wait to see it bloom in the spring time.


No comments: