Monday, September 16, 2013

The Boobie Conversation

Sometimes conversations with our kiddos seem to come out of nowhere.  Or at least left field.
Tonight's after-bath time conversation with Abby is a perfect example:

Abby: Mommy, do I have boobies?
Me: Yes, all girls have boobies, Abby.
Abby: Why aren't mine big like yours?
Me: Well, because I'm a Mommy.  Mommies have bigger boobies.
Abby: Can I see your boobies right now, Mommy?
Me: Nope. Classy girls don't lift up their shirts to show their boobies
Abby: When will my boobies get bigger?
Me: When you're a Mommy.  Well, that's not true.  As soon as you are a bit older Abby.
Abby: When though?
Me: In probably about 9 years Abby your boobies will grow bigger.
Abby: Can I wear a bra then like you do?
Me: You sure can. 
Abby: Can I wear a Princess bra, Mommy?
Me: Absolutely... I wouldn't expect anything else, sweetie.

And there ya have it - we are already having boobie conversations in our house.
I guess I should be grateful the conversation wasn't with Thomas... yet.

No comments: